Friday 15 August 2014

Le Vietnam, Perth CBD

Being a big fan of presotea, I have seen this coffee shop numerous times across the road from the BBT shop on Barrack Street, but somehow whenever we are scouting for places to eat, it never came across our minds. So on Monday, we finally got around to it :)

Stepping into the coffee shop, I was already in awe with the decos. I reached there around 12pm so there were plentiful of seats.

Le Vietnam's interior; so classic yet chic.
Being very hungry, we ordered two bánh mì sandwiches, stuffed chicken wings, a (giant) pork bun and two mini pâté so. The banh mis were so good! I do not like salads in general, but the pickled carrots were quite yum! Together with some vietnamese mayo and the minced meat (I later found out it was called pâté) sandwiched in between toasted bread, it was just heavenly.

The stuffed chicken wings were good, maybe a little bit more salt. The mini pâté so (hot pastry pie) were very scrumptious (loving the extremely flaky and light pastry); the pork bun just reminded me of those meat/vege siew bao we have back home! I was so delighted to find an egg inside it as well haha.

From top to bottom: Original banh mi ($6),
(left to right) stuffed chicken wings ($4 each), mini pate so (sorry I forgot how much were these), pork bun ($4),
grilled pork banh mi ($6)

I enjoyed their vietnamese coffee too - nicely brewed coffee and a good amount of sweetness from the condensed milk. The hot chocolate that Echo had needs a bit of oomph, however, as it was too milky for our liking (making it taste somewhat like flavoured milk instead).

Front: Viet Coffee ($4); Back: Hot Chocolate (Reg $3, Large $4)
Overall, we had a great brunch experience at Le Vietnam. The impressive decor, relaxing atmosphere, tasty food and friendly staffs will make you want to come back for more. I will be back again the next time I am in the city for a quick bite :)


Le Vietnam on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment